Required supporting documents for issuing Seaman`s Books (PD 260/2001).
1) Applicants must have completed the 16th year of age and they must be no more than 40 years old , which is considered to be completed on December 31st of the year of inventory. 2) They must be holders of Preliminary School certificate. 3) They must not have been sentenced with imprisonment during the last 5 years. 4) They must not during the last ten years have been sentenced with imprisonment exceeding six months in total for smuggling, theft, fraud, on account of breaches of the stipulations on drugs and the protection of National Currency and on crimes against morals. 5) They must have graduated successfully from the basic cycle of studies at the School of Rescuing and Fire Fighting Means within nine (9) months from the issuing of the seaman`s book and in case of non presentation of the respective certificate the holder of the seaman`s booklet is deregistered. 6) They must be judged as CAPABLE by the Sanitary Committee of Registered Seamen and Sea Workers (YEANETH). 7) They must not have been convicted for crimes of article 1 P.D. 247/89 (Desertion or Unruliness in the army).
Citizens visit the KEP of their choice to apply for the issuing of seaman`s book (PD 260/2001), presenting the required documentation.
- The KEP employee receives and checks the documents that are presented by the citizen. If, during check, a missing or uncomplete document is discovered, the employee informs the citizen and refrains from submitting the Application. If any document can be retrieved within the service, the employee begins the relevant procedure.
- The employee fills in the electronic Application and creates a new folder in the KEP Information System. The citizen has the possibility, if he wishes it, to declare his mobile phone number and thus to be informed by SMS for the complemetion of the request. Finally, the employee hands to the citizen a request submission certificate in which the number of the request file and the KEP contact details are written.
- The Employee of the KEP sends to the Competent Entity the file of the case (which includes both the application and the supporting documents) in one of the accepted ways (email, fax, courier, post, etc).
- The employee of the KEP receives the final Document immediately from the Competent Entity and notifies the citizen (via sms or telephone) for him to come and take it.
Citizens visit the KEP and receive the seaman`s book (PD 260/2001).