Providing parental consent for the issue of passports for minors (Consular Act)

The request can be made through the Citizens’ Service Centres (KEP).

  • Competent Entity: CONSULAR AUTHORITIES
  • Involved Entities: KEP
  • Service Code: 2419
  • Web page:
  • Legal Framework: GG issue Β 1655/10.11.2006


Required supporting documents for the issuing of parental concern for the issuing of passports to minors (Consular Authority).


Citizens visit the KEP of their choice to apply for the provision of parental consent for the issue of passports for minors, presenting the required documentation.

  1. The KEP employee receives and checks the documents that are presented by the citizen. If, during check, a missing or uncomplete document is discovered, the employee informs the citizen and refrains from submitting the Application.
  2. The employee fills in the electronic Application and creates a new folder in the KEP Information System. The citizen has the possibility, if he wishes it, to declare his mobile phone number and thus to be informed by SMS for the complemetion of the request. Finally, the employee hands to the citizen a request submission certificate in which the number of the request file is written.
  3. The Employee of the KEP sends to the Competent Entity the file of the case (which includes both the application and the supporting documents) in one of the accepted ways (email, fax, courier, post, etc).
  4. The employee of the KEP receives the final Document immediately from the Competent Entity and notifies the citizen (via sms or telephone) for him to come and take it.
Popular questions

Current announcements

View Article List