Required documentation for issuing a civil marriage license for foreigners.
- Application for issuing a civil marriage license for foreigners
- Green Card
- Marriage announcement published in a daily Newspaper of Athens (in two copies, one for each party with place of residence) and with the details of the persons about to be married in Greek
- Residence permit
- Residence receipt (PPC or OTE account, lease agreement for residence etc)
- Stamp Duty (15 €) from the Public Fund
- Certificate of Freedom or Certificate of their Consulate in Greece that there is no impediment to a marriage
- Court Order
In the case of a minor below 18 years of age
- Dissolution of marriage by the registry office where the marriage has been declared (translated from Greek by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
For divorced persons.
Official supporting documents
- Death certificate of the ex husband (translated into Greek by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
For widows - widowers.